Underpinning Slab Foundations Waterbury, CT
For a free estimate, contact us now:
It is better to take timely action and approach the slab underpinning service provider.
We’ll get back to you within 1-2 business days.
Our team of house raising experts is here to help in your area
Underpinning can be done in one of two ways: one, improve the foundation system by enlarging the existing foundations or adding new foundations, and two, to improve the properties of the soil below the foundations without touching the building at all.
Slabs for the foundation – a structural element designed for the manufacture of foundations of strip foundations in individual or low-rise construction. Its main task can be called the uniform distribution of loads on the base, located under the sole of the foundation. Underpinning Slab Foundations Waterbury, CT Foundation slabs are designed for building foundations of buildings and structures and can be used:
- in dry and water-saturated soils
- at the calculated outdoor temperature up to -40 degrees inclusive
- in buildings and structures with calculated seismicity up to 9 points inclusive
in soils and groundwaters with a non-aggressive degree of impact on reinforced concrete structures
Why is Underpinning Necessary?
There is a variety of reasons why underpinning might need to be carried out. These are usually related to subsidence issues. Some examples of why underpinning might be necessary are:
- A change in soil conditions under the foundation.
- Soil characteristics were not properly taken into account during the design phase.
- The original foundation is no longer suitable/strong enough.
- The construction/repair/excavation of neighboring structures endangers the current foundations.
- Additional floors are to be constructed underground
Click here… to read more details about Underpinning Services