Social Icon Widget

Follow us on

Our Social Pages —>

House Raising and Elevation Contractor Pennsylvania

House Raising Pennsylvania – Raising Homes Since 1970‎

Hire Contractor in Pennsylvania For Safety Of Your Family and Home!

House Raising PA: WA building Movers is a Turnkey House Elevation / Raising Company


House Elevation: When Raising a House in Pennsylvania with W.A. Building Movers & Contractors, we will guide you step by step through the entire process and will always be available to answer any questions you may have.

House lifting is a huge process and takes quite a bit of preparation and patience! If you think this is something you want to consider doing, especially after Hurricane Harvey, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at W.A Building Movers & Contractors!

House Raising Pennsylvania
House Raising and Elevation Contractor Pennsylvania
House Raising Near Me in Pennsylvania

House Raising Pennsylvania: WA building Movers is a Turnkey House Raising and Home Elevation Contractor

At W.A. Building Movers and Contractors, we know that there are a lot of questions when it comes to house lifting.Here are some questions and answers including some on how to look into flooding services available in your area.

What is house raising?

House raising is the process of lifting or jacking your home higher to prevent damage from flooding. Check out the video to watch the actual process.

What is the process of elevating a home?

First excavation is done around the house to allow for holes to be made in your current foundation, then the steel beams are placed in these spots. Once the beams are placed the home is elevated hydraulically using the Jacking System. The hydraulic jacking pump synchronizes the pressure to the jacks so that the whole building will lift evenly without racking. This keeps the cracks in the drywall or plaster to a minimum and sometimes nonexistent. Typically the home is then excavated out underneath to allow for your new basement pour. On occasion, if there is enough room on your lot the home can be moved out of its current site and then transferred back to its original site. Once the new foundation is cured the home is then lowered back down and the beams are pulled.

Can a brick or concrete block building be raised?

Contractors use a Hydraulic Jacking System. This system enables one man to control the entire jacking operation. The jacks are locked together by a unified system and will lift and lower regardless of individual jack loading. Each unified jack is on a separate hydraulic system and failure in one jack will not cause pressure loss in the other jacks. This system can accommodate from one to thirty-eight hundred tons. This system is essential when making large, irregular lifts.

My home was built on a slab. Can it be lifted?

Yes, it can be. W.A. Building Movers brings over 50 years of elevation and house moving experience and has lifted a magnitude of structures. In Pennsylvania, it is common to lift the monolithic slab with the home and create a new foundation to support the home and slab. Slab separations can also be done, where the structure is separated from the slab and supported in the air allowing a new floor system and foundation to be built underneath.

My house is on a block foundation do I need pilings?

A geologist will analyze the soil after receiving a soil boring and will determine if the soil needs to have pilings and a grade beam or a regular pier foundation with footing.

Will my Insurance company pays for this?

Possibly, but what your flood insurance companies offer is an ICC grant based on your risk category. ICC is an Increased Compliance Cost. Information required when applying for ICC Grant:

  • A letter of substantial loss from the Town must state that home has sustained more than 50% of its value in flood damage.
  • Tax Assessment from Town Appraiser (current house value excluding the land)
  • Current Elevation Certificate (from a licensed surveyor)
  • Color photos of the house as-is

Line by line breakdown of new elevation work including foundation work and its cost. This grant may reimburse you up to $30K. You have to pay the costs upfront and then your insurance company will reimburse you. Not everyone receives the full $30K.

Am I eligible for government assistance?

The ICC grant offered by your Flood Insurance Company is a Federal backed program(FEMA). Some local governments have incentives in place in the form of additional financial assistance. Call your local Town Hall to find out what assistance is available in your area.

Will I save money on flood insurance for my house?

Yes, Fema has a height they enforce and Pennsylvania mandates a height above this. Your insurance will be reduced by 20% per foot for every foot you elevate past that. For Example, Fema says 6′ and Pennsylvania say 2′ making a total 8′ elevation above sea level, you go 10′ you will save 60% on your flood insurance.



Click here… to read more details about House Raising

House Raising New Jersey For more information about getting your house raised or any other aspect of construction, please feel free to contact us via e-mail at or call our office at (908) 654-8227. or fill-out the Contact form from here. We look forward to hearing from you.


W.A. Building Movers & Contractors, Inc. BBB Business ReviewVeteran Owned Small Business_VOSBInternational Association of Structural Movers_IASMhearth
financing 150_150
Our Services