House Raising in New Jersey
W.A. Building Movers & Contractors: offers house-raising New Jersey services and we will guide you step by step through the entire process and will always be available to answer any questions you may have.
Would you let your hard-earned money flow with floodwater? So, during flood times, you would need to shift your house from an unsafe area to a safer location. If you are in New Jersey and are looking for a House Raising company, look no more. We are here to offer you the best services. We separate the house from its foundation in a very delicate way. For this, we use a hydraulic screw jack to detach the construction from the foundation temporarily.
House Raising New Jersey is Difficult. But we make the process easy
House raising New Jersey is not an easy task. For this, you need a professional House Raising Contractors New Jersey that can raise and relocate your house without any damage.
We elevate the frame, masonry veneer, and masonry houses during house raising in New Jersey by raising them on hydraulic jacks. They are then temporarily supported while we create an extended foundation underneath. As a result, the living area is raised, keeping the foundation exposed to flooding.
The process needs very experienced hands and modern technology, but the cost is also high due to the high-end requirements. But we at WA Building Movers provide the best service at the most affordable price. With 70 years of experience, we assure peace of mind to every customer. We know how stressful the event of house lifting in NJ can be. But, when you allow us to serve you, being the best House Lifting Company in NJ, we make sure not a single portion of your property is damaged. We make sure that you pay much less money than the amount; otherwise, you would have paid for the home insurance that the flood has damaged.
Why Choose Us as your House Raising Contractors in New Jersey
We boast of ourselves for offering the best professional services ever possible. You choose us for the following reasons-
- We have well-trained crew members
- Our machinery have cutting-edge technologies that make sure to shift your house safely to any location
- Local and legal staff are present in our team
- We have won several awards, and that prove our credibility in this field of House Lifting in NJ
- With a good number of years of experience, we saved thousands of dollars from being damaged by flood
- Not only house lifting, but we restore the houses to the normal position as well to bring back your normal life
- We are affordable but without compromising with the quality
- If you want a legal House Lifting Company NJ, we are the best House Raising Contractors NJ
How can we help in House Raising NJ?
We are a one-stop solution for your New Jersey House Raising. Starting from replacing the foundation of your house to move its entire structure, and raising your house on the pilings and elevate it on slabs, and jacking up, we do it all.
We use technologically updated hydraulic jacks remote-controlled, which can provide minimal stress to your house foundation and move effortlessly without damage.
While moving any house structure, we follow if the below said points are taken proper care of.
- Most of the House Raising Company New Jersey involves tree-cutting professionals to raise or shift a house to a new location. But we take care of this process to save the additional cost.
- We communicate with the local administration before moving a house as we need a traffic-free road for the safe and damage-free relocation of your house.
- Following good excavation technologies are mandatory, and we follow them. We create solid steel platforms if the land is soft. Also, we can make bridges and paths over the streams for moving your house to any safe location.
We have the Super machinery to move all houses.
No building is too big for us to move. We do all building moving New Jersey. We have experience moving all buildings, like brick-mortar houses, wooden houses, stone houses, and even steel and concrete commercial buildings. Even we can move the concrete slab floor with the building structure itself.
Nothing can be painful than seeing your house, your sweet home, getting damaged. So, we at WA Building Movers ensure to offer you a hassle-free service of House Lifting New Jersey.
What is house raising?
House raising New Jersey or lifting your home higher to prevent damage from flooding. House-lifting is an intensive process performed for a variety of structural, safety, and aesthetic purposes.
What is the process of raising a home?
First, the home is excavated around the house to allow for holes to be made in your current foundation, then the steel beams are placed in these spots. Once the beams are placed the home is elevated hydraulically using the Jacking System. The hydraulic jacking pump synchronizes the pressure to the jacks so that the whole building will lift evenly without racking. This keeps the cracks in the drywall or plaster to a minimum and sometimes nonexistent. Typically the home is then excavated out underneath to allow for your new basement pour.
On occasion, if there is enough room on your lot the home can be moved out of its current site and then transferred back to its original site. Once the new foundation is cured the home is then lowered back down and the beams are pulled.
Can a brick or concrete block building be raised?
Contractors use a Hydraulic Jacking System. This system enables one man to control the entire jacking operation. The jacks are locked together by a unified system and will lift and lower regardless of individual jack loading. Each unified jack is on a separate hydraulic system and failure in one jack will not cause pressure loss in the other jacks. This system can accommodate from one to thirty-eight hundred tons. This system is essential when making large, irregular lifts.
My house is on a block foundation don’t I need pilings?
We need to hire a geologist who analyses the earth after receiving a soil boring this will determine if the soil needs to have pilings and a grade beam or a regular pier foundation with footing.
Will my Insurance company pays for this?
Yes, but what your flood insurance companies offer is an ICC grant. ICC is an Increased Compliance Cost. Information required when applying for ICC Grant:
1. Letter of substantial loss from Town must state that home has sustained more than 50% of its value in flood damage
2. Tax Assessment from Town Appraiser (current house value excluding the land)
3. Current Elevation Certificate (from a licensed surveyor)
4. Color photos of the house as-is
Line by line breakdown of new elevation work including foundation work and its cost. This grant may reimburse you up to $30K. You have to pay the costs upfront and then your insurance company will reimburse you. Not everyone receives the full $30K.
Am I eligible for government assistance?
The ICC grant offered by your Flood Insurance Company is a Federal backed program (FEMA). Some local governments have incentives in place in the form of additional financial assistance. Call your local Town Hall to find out what assistance is available in your area.
Will I save money on flood insurance for my house?
Yes, Fema has a height they enforce in New Jersey requiring two feet above that. Your insurance will be reduced for every foot past that you can save 20% per foot. Example: Fema says 6′ state says 2′ total 8′ above sea level, you go 10′ you will save 60% on your flood insurance.