- House Lifting and Moving Companies New Jersey
House Lifting and Moving Companies New Jersey If you're looking for house moving services, then W.A. Building Movers & Contractors Inc. is the company for the job. We have been lifting and moving houses for over 40 years in New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, Long Island and Staten Island.From relocating your house miles away to moving it just a few feet on the same property, W.A. has the experience, knowledge and very best equipment to ensure that your home is moved with the utmost care and precision.
House Moving: Reasons to move your house
- If your home is subject to dangers such as flooding, you can relocate to a safer location.
- If your home is in the way of development such as shopping centers, parking lots, highways, other road expansions, etc.
- If you want to recycle or donate your house to make way for a new one instead of demolishing and sending it to a landfill
- To relocate and preserve historic homes if the land will be used for something else
- To subdivide a property or build another house on the lot
- For setback issues that may arise during surveying
House Moving: Mobilizing a houseBefore a house can be moved, it has to be lifted. The area around and under the house is excavated as needed. Steel beams are then inserted under the width of the house and jacks are installed below each beam. Then, using a unified jacking system the house is raised slowly and are temporarily supported supported by crib blocks.After the house is lifted, steel plates are laid down below the house to roll huge 8-wheel dollies under the house. The same steel beams used to lift and support the house are then placed on these dollies. The amount of dollies and beams used depends on how big the house is. Using the jacks and the same unified jacking system, the house is then lowered and placed on the beams sitting on the dollies making the house now mobile.If the house is only being moved a few feet on the same property, it is then pushed or pulled by machinery in the direction it has to be moved. If it’s being moved to a new location, the house is maneuvered and attached to the back of a trailer truck to be relocated.
House Moving: Before relocating a houseWhen it comes to moving your house off the current property and on to a new one, most of the work that goes into the job happens before the day of the actual move. Before moving day:
There are many companies that offer house moving services, but when it comes to moving your home, you should find one that is extremely skilled, experienced and reliable in the industry. Therefore, when hiring a house moving company, make sure it meets the following criteria.
- Appropriate permits must be obtained to lift and move the house
- A clear established route must be determined and be approved by all local and state municipalities (as needed) including utility companies.
- The route must be cleared including all utilities to be removed or lowered and en route.
- The new location must be cleared and any foundation that is part of the pre-planning must be installed.
- The house and building must be prepped (see our owner checklist ) for W.A. Building Movers to come on site to begin to preparation for the move.
- Police must be present during the actual move
House Moving: How to choose the best company?
W.A. Building Movers & Contractors Inc. does more than just meet all of the above. As a family business, we put every effort forward to make your family feel like a part of our family and we'll treat your lift or move as if the home was our own home.To watch some of our house moving projects, watch our Videos.We also move more than just houses, check out our Specialized Moves.To request a quote for your lift or move, please feel free to contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or call our office at 908-654-8227. We look forward to hearing from you.
- A long standing track record within the house lifting and building moving industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge in general construction, machine operation and rigging.
- Proper insurance for lifting and moving structures including but not limited to riggers, cargo and care custody and control insurance.
- Proper house lifting equipment including but not limited to a unified jacking system, crib jacks and lifting equipment to perform the standard lifting procedures.
- A comprehensive safety plan.
- References from prior work in the rigging business.