Be Flood Smart : Home Foundation Repair
Home foundation repair: Flooding is the nation’s #1 natural disaster and it can happen anytime, anywhere.Floods do occur in all 50 states and you can be a victim of flooding even if you live miles away from water. Learn how to protect yourself, your family and your home!
For more informative videos subscribe us on YouTube://goo.gl/brZL5n
Follow Us on Instagram://www.instagram.com/wabuildingmovers/
E-Mail:Mail To Jason
Call Us: (908) 654-8227
What causes flooding?
In just a few hours, hurricanes and summer thunderstorms can bring heavy rain, which can lead to severe flooding.
How do you protect your home?
1. Determine your flood risk
Whether you live in a flood zone or not, everyone is at risk for flooding. Flood zone maps are available here.
2. Purchase flood insurance
Remember, most homeowners insurance does not cover floods. Flood insurance can be purchased through the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Flood caused more than $25 billion in losses over the last ten years.
- Buy insurance before the water starts to rise! It takes 30 days after purchasing flood insurance for the policy to go into effect.
- Nearly 20% of flood insturance claims come from moderate-to-low risk areas.
3. Make a flood plan
Know evacuation routes and keep important papers in a safe, waterproof place.
4. Help prevent local flooding
Keep trash and debris away from storm grates and inlets.
Image Source: Greenpeace
Again any other questions on this or any other part of the process feel free to contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 908-654-8227/(888) 236-8398. We look forward to hearing from you.