Underpinning Slab Foundations Terryville, CT
For a free estimate, contact us now:
It is better to take timely action and approach the slab underpinning service provider.
We’ll get back to you within 1-2 business days.
Our team of house raising experts is here to help in your area
Underpinning can be done in one of two ways: one, improve the foundation system by enlarging the existing foundations or adding new foundations, and two, to improve the properties of the soil below the foundations without touching the building at all.
Where to start building a country house, if not from the foundation? Indeed, in the construction of any structure, the foundation is the basic element that determines the strength and reliability of the future structure. In construction, it is important to take into account the ground conditions, but it is not uncommon for the type of foundation to be affected by the customer’s money.
Underpinning Slab Foundations provides the support of the whole house. It makes the foundation strong, based only on literature, or to put this matter in the hands of professionals whose work is time-tested.
Why is Underpinning Necessary?
There is a variety of reasons why underpinning might need to be carried out. These are usually related to subsidence issues. Some examples of why underpinning might be necessary are:
- A change in soil conditions under the foundation.
- Soil characteristics were not properly taken into account during the design phase.
- The original foundation is no longer suitable/strong enough.
- The construction/repair/excavation of neighboring structures endangers the current foundations.
- Additional floors are to be constructed underground