Underpinning Slab Foundations Terramuggus, CT
For a free estimate, contact us now:
It is better to take timely action and approach the slab underpinning service provider.
We’ll get back to you within 1-2 business days.
Our team of house raising experts is here to help in your area
Underpinning can be done in one of two ways: one, improve the foundation system by enlarging the existing foundations or adding new foundations, and two, to improve the properties of the soil below the foundations without touching the building at all.
Foundation is mainly used in sandy or clay soil. It is made as tapes buried in the ground, on which a load of walls and columns is supplied. In this case, the structures have a large bearing area, which greatly increases the strength and stability of the whole house.
Underpinning Slab Foundations is a very common and most accepted solution for a house because it does not take strength. High-rise buildings (2 or more floors) are characteristic of this type, which only increases its advantages. Naturally, this is not the cheapest pleasure, but maybe this is the only way out for your home.
Why is Underpinning Necessary?
There is a variety of reasons why underpinning might need to be carried out. These are usually related to subsidence issues. Some examples of why underpinning might be necessary are:
- A change in soil conditions under the foundation.
- Soil characteristics were not properly taken into account during the design phase.
- The original foundation is no longer suitable/strong enough.
- The construction/repair/excavation of neighboring structures endangers the current foundations.
- Additional floors are to be constructed underground