Underpinning Slab Foundations Mansfield Center, CT
For a free estimate, contact us now:
It is better to take timely action and approach the slab underpinning service provider.
We’ll get back to you within 1-2 business days.
Our team of house raising experts is here to help in your area
Underpinning can be done in one of two ways: one, improve the foundation system by enlarging the existing foundations or adding new foundations, and two, to improve the properties of the soil below the foundations without touching the building at all.
Slab separation elevation: This is where the existing house is cut from the concrete slab due to possible problems with the existing concrete base. Set up a support frame around the house and raise the house. Underpinning Slab Foundations experienced team takes the structure to a new height in the house. When you reach the required height, build a new floor system and a new dock. Finally, set up all decks, stair breaks, etc.
Next, raise the house to a new elevation, place a new base, and set up terraces and stairs. This allowed the moisture to penetrate the newly raised house, creating no isolation barrier under the house.
Why is Underpinning Necessary?
There is a variety of reasons why underpinning might need to be carried out. These are usually related to subsidence issues. Some examples of why underpinning might be necessary are:
- A change in soil conditions under the foundation.
- Soil characteristics were not properly taken into account during the design phase.
- The original foundation is no longer suitable/strong enough.
- The construction/repair/excavation of neighboring structures endangers the current foundations.
- Additional floors are to be constructed underground