How much does it cost to build a foundation for a house? – Meyerland, TX
A structurally sound home starts with a strong foundation holding its weight and it can be considered the most important part of the house.
Say you have a 1000 square foot foundation, the average cost of a new, installed one would cost about $5-$8 per square foot, or $5000-$8000.
- Materials you would need:
- Poured slab concrete typically costs anywhere from $3-$5 per square foot.
- Footings can add an additional $1-$2 per square foot.
- A crawl space foundation can be a better option, but it also requires more materials and labor time and can double the overall cost of the project.
- Labor costs from the contractors and/or concrete specialists usually adds another $2-$3 per square foot, for a total of $2000-$3000 for this. On average, it takes three to four days from start to finish to dig out and pour the concrete.
There may be additional costs such as:
- Foundation that is poured as an attached addition to an existing home might take longer and be slightly more expensive because of the need to work around existing buildings.
- In most areas, permits are required for pouring new foundation.
- If the area needs to be leveled significantly before the foundation can be poured, plan to add another $1000-$2000 and a few days to your total costs.
For more informative videos subscribe us on YouTube://goo.gl/brZL5n
Follow Us on Instagram://www.instagram.com/wabuildingmovers/
Again any other questions on this or any other part of the process feel free to contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 908-654-8227 / 888-236-8398. We look forward to hearing from you.