How much does it cost to raise a home? – Houston,TX
W.A Building Movers knows that house raising if very costly. Depending on the size of the house, the location, and the current structure and foundation, the cost that house raising contractor will charge to raise your home will be in the range of $12,000 – 30,000. However, the actual house jacking and resetting is only one component of the all-in price for house lifting.
It’s very important for homeowners to realize that house lifting is an involved process. There are many different permitting processes, trades, and calculations that go into raising a house, just as there are in any major home renovation project, including:
- Removing existing decks, porches, walkways, steps, and stair cases
- Removing pavers and other hardscape and storing them carefully for later reuse
- Temporarily removing any landscaping
- Engineering, architectural drawings, soil samples, and site surveys
- Foundational work – either concrete foundations, pilings, or helical piles
- Shutting off your utilities, including sending official shutoff request to your municipality
- Disconnecting utilities – electricity, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, ventilation
- Lifting or Raising the House
- Building a new foundation
- Constructing a new lower level
- Installing hurricane straps and bracing where necessary
- Painting, siding, and coating
- Re-installing or rebuilding decks, porches, and stairs
- Re-installing landscaping and hardscape
- Re-connecting all utilities and raising your HVAC equipment off the ground
As a New Jersey resident there are flooding services that are available to help you with this process. You may be eligible for a grant to help you with the cost of raising your house. There is a good chance that you will be eligible forFEMA’s Increased Cost of Compliance Coverage (ICC) if your home or business has been damaged by water. The ICC helps flood insurance policy holders in high-risk areas with up to $30,000 to help pay for the costs of house raising in NJ or otherwise bringing their house or business into compliance with their town’s floodplain ordinances.
The second type of grant that has been very popular is theRehabilitation, Reconstruction, Elevation, and Mitigation (RREM) program,which is a state program, funded by the federal government, that provides homeowners with up to $150,000 in order to do the necessary work on your home to make it habitable and to comply with local flood plain requirements. The grant money can be used to repair orrebuild your Superstorm Sandy impacted home. The RREM program is also referred to as ‘Gap Funding’ because it is intended to fill the gap between the actual cost of repairs and the funds the homeowner has received from insurance claims or other means to repair their home.
For more informative videos subscribe us on YouTube://goo.gl/brZL5n
Follow Us on Instagram://www.instagram.com/wabuildingmovers/
Again any other questions on this or any other part of the process feel free to contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 908-654-8227 / 888-236-8398. We look forward to hearing from you.